In an effort to provide the most accurate information I can, I must share with you something I just found out. Apparently the process for sourcing bulletproof coffee beans has come into question. The bulletproof coffee beans were pushed as being superior to other beans because of mold (mycotoxin) contamination issues. A recent comparison was done with Bulletproof beans, Starbucks, Caveman Coffee beans, & a random bag of coffee from Whole Foods. No mold toxins were found in any of the bags tested.
Let me be clear, coffee with grass fed butter, mct & or coconut oil does wonders for cognitive performance. It increases energy, stamina, & helps to eliminate food cravings. There just isn’t really an issue with the mold toxins as I & many others were lead to believe. Going forward use whatever coffee you like.
I apologize for not being more specific on how to make this coffee. I was going to put this in the comments but wanted everyone to find this.
1. Start with 1 cup off your favorite single sourced coffee. I like Pete’s coffee (i usually make about 2.5 – 3 cups for myself).
2. Add 1 tablespoon of Kerrygold grass fed butter (work your way up to 2 tbs over the next several days). A good rule of thumb would be 1 tbs for every cup of coffee.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of either mct or coconut oil (work your way up to 2 tbs over the next several days). I use 2 tbs of mct & 1 tbs of coconut oil in mine.
4. Mix in a blender for 20 seconds (the magic bullet is ideal for this)
5. It tastes fine without but I recommend a packet of stevia. Tastes like the best latte you’ve ever had.